Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life as Story

Looking at our lives as stories, it's no wonder to me why words are significant.

We must have words to communicate... to explain... to ask... to express.

Most times, I don't find that I'm at a loss for words.  Usually it's quite the opposite!

I listen so much in my job.  
At home, at times, I feel as if I'm vomiting out words upon words.
I find it easy to use the 'listening in my job' as my excuse
as to why I 'vomit' (pardon me) these words at home.

Words upon words become quite meaningless very quickly.
How often do my words quickly hurt, tear down, hate?

Instead of... encourage, build up, love, bring life?

Tonight I appreciated some moments of silence and reflection on my words throughout the day.  I even asked Brad for feedback on some words I'd used and what words he might have used instead.

And there.  In that moment, we were partnering well.

As I think about my day, I find myself hoping that I can use words sparingly and instead of... 

looking to write my own story, 
be aware of and tap into the greater story that I am a part of already.

No comments:

Post a Comment